[2016 Love-a-Thon] Introduction Post

I know that this post was supposed to be up yesterday morning, but life got in the way. *hides* Forgive me! Anyway, this is my first year to join Love-a-Thon, and I couldn't be more excited! The book blogging community has always been about fostering good will, sharing our love for books, and building new friendships, and it's nice to join an event that celebrates all of this. I know I might be a little late to all the festivities, but I'll be visiting as many blogs as I can over the next few days to hopefully meet new people, and to basically show love to the book blogging community! *throws confetti*

And now, without further delay...
What’s your name?
Hey folks! My name is Lyra. *waves*
Where in the world are you blogging from?
 I'm blogging from the Philippines.
 How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Hmmm... I remember discovering the YA Sisterhood's blog, and I remember adding soooo many books to my TBR list because of these ladies' blog. In turn, I found more blogs, and somehow, a part of me realized that I can actually make my own blog, and share my own thoughts about the books I've read, or books that I want to read.
How did you come up with your blog name?
I don't actually remember - all I remember is that I wanted 'defiant' in the name. I do love my blog name though - I think it's pretty unique, and it aptly describes me.
What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 
Young Adult, most definitely. I read and review A LOT of YA contemporary, but so far, I've been starting to read and review more of YA fantasy and YA Paranormal as well.
What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I never used to write other posts on the blog, but this year, I want to write more discussion posts, and basically more posts about me, the blogger behind the blog.
Best blogging experience so far?
Because of blogging, I met so many people, and I am so lucky to call many of these people my friends. And they're not just friends that I can only talk about books either - I can talk to them about absolutely anything, and I know that they have my back no matter what.
Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I love how everybody is so helpful. I have yet to encounter a fellow blogger who does not want to help his or her peers.
Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
Tumbling by Caela Carter
Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino
Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I wouldn't exactly go and call it underrated but if you're a New Adult fan and you haven't read Kulti yet... Please go and read it! Nooooow!
Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Rose Hathaway or Lissa Dragomir from the Vampire Academy series - it honestly depends on the day. Sometimes, I need someone strong and fierce like Rose, and I need someone kind and gentle like Lissa.
Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
HOW ON EARTH CAN I CHOOSE, PEOPLE?? Off the top of my head, I'm going to have to go with Jem of the Infernal Devices series because folks, the love I have for this character knows no bounds. (And Jem deserves happiness and unicorns and rainbows, okay?
Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
Kestrel from The Winner Trilogy because she would make kickass plans that would basically assure my survival; Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson series because you can never go wrong with a strong demigod; Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series because she is hella strong (and is sassy like you wouldn't believe); and Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series because he is the chose one.
Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I love watching sports, and I like hanging out with my friends and the people I love. And sleeping. I love sleeping!
Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Make up, clothes, shoes and bags - I am your typical girly girl!
Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Richelle Mead. I adore her so so so so much, and I have yet to read a book of her that I did not like. I just looooooove her!

So that's it from my end, folks! Please comment with your own introduction posts, and I'll be sure to stop by your blogs!

6 comments

  1. Kestrel would be great for an apocalypse squad. Lots of people chose Harry Potter characters, and I didn't even think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lyra! I love your blog name—Defiantly Deviant—because that alliteration is really aces!

    I think as long these characters on your side during the apocalypse (especially Harry Potter), it will be a-okay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyra! I read and review a lot of contemporary as well, but I'm hoping to branch out and challenge myself this year with sci-fi/fantasy. I'm also extremely excited for The Winner's Kiss as well — I just finished The Winner's Crime last month and MAN, it was painful. I hope you're able to start Cinder soon, the Lunar Chronicles has been amazing so far (I've read Cinder + Scarlet!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we get to pick your next read. You Rock! I hope you choose mine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having Rose + Kestrel in your apocalypse team probably will make you guys own everyone. These two are absolute badasses.

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time hearing about this love-athon but nice to meet you! I'm Gina from Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers and I've been blogging for about seven years now. So many books, so little time... but the community is WONDERFUL! ☺

    ReplyDelete

I looooove reading comments, so do know that I read every single one of them. Also, if you're a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog!