[Speak Now...] When Life Gets in the Way of Reading



Speak Now (or forever hold your peace) is a new feature here in Defiantly Deviant. Basically, I'll be talking about absolutely anything book-related... and anything under the sun, really!
 When Life Gets in the Way of Reading

It's 2:11 in the morning in my neck of the woods, and in true fashion for someone who spent the whole day sleeping, I'm wide awake. It's not that I'm not tired (because I AM), but when the mind refuses to calm down and instead yearns to do something, you gotta do what you gotta do.

So here I am.

I'm looking through the blog, and I can't help but cringe at the date the last time I wrote a review. More than a month ago.

That's a long time.

And now that I'm actually sitting here and thinking about all of this, I'm trying to think back to the last time I finished reading a book.

I finished one two nights ago, yes, but before that?

It's been a long time.

Life has been... hell lately. I feel like I can only do so much, and I usually go home too tired to function. I can never manage my time well, and it sucks that it's affecting my reading and my blogging.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say with this post, so let me throw a question your way - how do you guys make time to read? And blog?

I definitely need all the help I can get.

2 comments

  1. I just do it whenever I feel like it. And I'm a very moody person so sometime I read a lot then there are months where I read only one book a month. I KNOW. Plus, I guess it helps that I skim books? So it feels like I finish a lot. If it's not that good but pretty enjoyable, I don't even notice I'm skimming. Lyra *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. First is schedule. Weekdays, I make sure I read atleast 2-3 hours. Weekends, sometimes one book or non at all. I use the weekends for other things. That's what I do now. I also stopped pressuring myself to read and review. I feel better and happy! :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I looooove reading comments, so do know that I read every single one of them. Also, if you're a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog!