Angel's Fury by Bryony Pearce


"I've started to have dreams while I'm awake. I remember music I've never heard. . . . I've got all this extra stuff in my head, but I'm forgetting things from my own life. I feel like I'm being taken over."

Cassie Farrier has always suffered from terrifying nightmares. On a trip to Germany she recognises scenes from her dreams and finds evidence of a sixty year-old massacre. Fearing for her sanity, her family sends Cassie to a retreat where she meets others with symptoms like her own and finds out that she has lived a number of past lives. 

However, the Doctor at the retreat is not what she seems. Cassie and the boy she comes to love must escape the Doctor’s influence but can they also escape the misery of their shared past? 


THOUGHTS:

Cassie Farrier is a girl who has nightmares when she sleeps. Every night, she dreams about the violent death of a little Jewish girl named Zillah at the hands of a Nazi. She can't control the dreams - she can't stop them no matter what she does, and she's done everything. Fervently hoping for the dreams to cease, Cassie travels to Germany - the site of Zillah's death - but things only get worse. Out of sheer desperation, Cassie's parents enlist the help of a doctor who informs Cassie that her dreams are actually memories of past lives, and that she can help Cassie get rid of them once and for all. However, Cassie soon realizes that the doctor is not who she seems...

Remember how I talked about books that you can't stop thinking about after you finish them? (I know, I know, you probably don't, but humor me for a bit here!) Well, this book is one of them. I finished reading Angel's Fury a few hours ago, and I just can't stop thinking about it. It's hauntingly good - scenes that Bryony Pearce described with such detail are still flashing through my head, and I bet they will be doing just that for at least a couple more days. I can't help but marvel at the never-before-seen premise this book offers to us readers... I've never read anything like it, and I don't think I will.

Honestly, upon picking up the book, I didn't know what to expect - the blurb didn't really shed a light on what the book will be about (other than the fact that an angel will come into play) but I was gripped from the very first chapter. I was turning the pages as quick as I can, devouring each word, taking in each scene, that I soon forgot the promised angel. Let me tell you right here - the angel part of the story doesn't come into the story until the latter part of the book, but don't be disheartened - the plot of this book will keep you in the edge of your seat. As a matter of fact, I will be very surprised if you don't finish this book in one sitting.

What impressed me the most about Angel's Fury (other than the plot, which I cannot even fathom how to rave about) is Pearce's writing. The raw emotion she put into her scenes - whether be it through Cassie's eyes or through one of Cassie's past lives' - is just... overwhelming. Her words reverberate with this quiet intensity that will surely make you think about them later, and I certainly did just that.

I know my review's a little cryptic, but I really don't want to spoil anything for you guys! Trust me - just grab a copy of Angel's Fury, sit somewhere comfortable, and read. You won't regret it, and I guarantee that you'll enjoy reading this book!

Rating: 5 Stars 

1 comment

I looooove reading comments, so do know that I read every single one of them. Also, if you're a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog!