Waiting on Wednesday [12]


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Today's WoW spotlights April Lindner's Catherine:


Title: Catherine
Author: April Lindner
Release Date: January 2, 2013
Published By: Poppy


A forbidden romance. A modern mystery. Wuthering Heights as you’ve never seen it before.

Catherine is tired of struggling musicians befriending her just so they can get a gig at her Dad’s famous Manhattan club, The Underground. Then she meets mysterious Hence, an unbelievably passionate and talented musician on the brink of success. As their relationship grows, both are swept away in a fiery romance. But when their love is tested by a cruel whim of fate, will pride keep them apart?

Chelsea has always believed that her mom died of a sudden illness, until she finds a letter her dad has kept from her for years—a letter from her mom, Catherine, who didn’t die: She disappeared. Driven by unanswered questions, Chelsea sets out to look for her—starting with the return address on the letter: The Underground.

Told in two voices, twenty years apart, Catherine interweaves a timeless forbidden romance with a compelling modern mystery.


A modern retelling of my favorite classic. Need I say more?

12 comments

  1. Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A retelling of Wuthering Heights? I must read this! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this a Wuthering Heights retelling? Didn't know that. Didn't read that book, which is probably why! Sounds interesting though! I love a good mystery!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me a forbidden romance and Wuthering Heights! :)

    Thanks for visiting my My WoW

    Christine
    Rainy Day Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one before but it does look pretty good! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first heard of this book a couple of weeks ago and I think it sounds awesome! It's already on my Goodreads shelf. :) Great choice!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am both thrilled and scared for a Wuthering Heights retelling - I'm really hoping this turns out great!

    My WoW this week is Reboot by Amy Tintera

    ReplyDelete
  8. Modern Wuthering Heights? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. Thanks for the follow! Following you back!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love books that have connection with music. The book is intriguing. Thanks for sharing and for following! I followed you back! :))

    ReplyDelete

I looooove reading comments, so do know that I read every single one of them. Also, if you're a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog!