Waiting on Wednesday [14]


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Today's WoW spotlights Anne Osterlund's Salvation:


Title: Salvation
Author: Anne Osterlund
Release Date: January 10, 2013
Published By: Penguin
Salvador Resendez--Salva to his friends--appears to have it all. His Mexican immigrant family has high expectations, and Salva intends to fulfill them. He's student body president, quarterback of the football team, and has a near-perfect GPA. Everyone loves him.

Especially Beth Courant, AKA the walking disaster area. Dreamy and shy, Beth is used to blending into the background. But she's also smart, and she has serious plans for her future.

Popular guy and bookish girl--the two have almost nothing in common. Until fate throws them together and the attraction is irresistible. Soon Beth is pushing Salva to set his sights higher than ever--because she knows he has more to offer, more than even he realizes.

Then tragedy strikes--and threatens to destroy everything that Salva has worked for. Will Beth's love be enough to save him?
I've always been a sucker for novels wherein two people who couldn't be more different fall in love, and Salvation seemingly fits that mold. Also, I have an inkling that this will be a heartwrenching read, and I'm a huge fan of those as well...

9 comments

  1. This sounds really good. Going to have to add it to my Goodreads list. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that one. Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fellow blogger, Janhvi, just had this as her WoW pick last week! Yay. :D I look forward to reading Salvation. Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound heartwrenching! I love books that affirm my belief that love can truly conquer all. I will definitely add this to my TBR. :)

    Care to stop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound really good! And that cover is really sweet. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classic concept, always a favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    Come check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love the sounds of this and I also like unconventional romances where two people you'd never think ends up together!

    ReplyDelete

I looooove reading comments, so do know that I read every single one of them. Also, if you're a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog!