Waiting on Wednesday [13]


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Today's WoW spotlights Amanda Sun's Ink:


Title: Ink (The Paper Gods #1)
Author: Amanda Sun
Release Date: June 25, 2013
Published By: HarlequinTEEN
I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.

On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.
A YA novel set in Japan? Yes, please! And check out that gorgeous cover - that's sakura, isn't it? I'm a huge Japanese culture/pop culture afficionado, and honestly? I'm absolutely brimming with excited for this novel to come out!

3 comments

  1. The cover is gorgeous! Story sounds great too, nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that one, but the cover is stunning!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cover and I love novels in eastern settings. Thanks for featuring it. Great pick!

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete

I looooove reading comments, so do know that I read every single one of them. Also, if you're a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog!